The Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company is excited to announce, through the generosity of AFG (Assistance to Firefighters Grant) process, we recently placed into service 28 new SCBA, a.k.a., Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus. We also purchased outright 2 additional SCBA, for a total of 30 new units. This new equipment has updated and improved features, making them easier and more convenient to use.
On Monday, July 3, 2023, at 1:19 pm, near the intersection of Chestertown Road (Maryland 20) and Old Fairlee Road, Rock Hall VFC Paramedic 7 happened upon a single vehicle crash involving a utility pole. Paramedic 7 was returning to their station after delivering a patient to the hospital. Apparently, the crash had just occurred moments before. The Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company, Kent & Queen Annes Rescue Squad, Kent County EMS, and multiple other mutual aid companies were subsequently dispatched.
On Sunday, March 26, 2023, the Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company hosted an awareness class on the dangers and hazards of fires involving Lithium-Ion batteries. These are the energy sources for most eVehicles, eBikes, eSkateboards, personal eHovercraft, etc., and personal electronics such as laptops, tablets & notebooks, even cellphones, etc. This is a major emerging threat facing the modern fire service, as the problems are multifold and complex.
On Saturday, January 14, 2023, at 6:41 am, the Chestertown Volunteer Fire Company, along with multiple other companies, was dispatched as mutual aid to the Betterton VFC, for the structure fire at 28840 Montabello Lake Road. This is located in Smithville, near the intersection of Smithville Road and Montabello Lake Road. 9-1-1 caller was reporting a fire in the laundry room.